A short post today, with some simple, but very powerful lessons to help you become a more effective communicator. These are the concepts we’re thinking about most often in our coaching and client workshops. Click the links throughout to learn more.
- Think about the outcomes you are trying to achieve. Communicate with purpose.
- Avoid the “one size fits all” approach to your communication. Know your audience and plan accordingly.
- Don’t allow the “I am too busy” excuse to prevent preparation. Lack of preparation is very expensive.
- Anything worth doing requires repetition to build up muscle memory. Practice.
- Credibility matters. When you have it, nothing else matters. When you don’t have it, nothing else matters.
Have a great day.
Does your team:
– Take too long to make decision?
– Fail to ask for what it wants or needs from you?
– Make things too complicated?
– Deliver unconvincing or disorganized presentations?
– Have new hires who are unprepared to communicate in the workplace?
We transform teams and individuals with repeatable toolsets for persuasive communication.
Explore training, coaching, and consulting services from The Latimer Group.
Looking for more from The Latimer Group?