Meet Our Coaches
Dean M. Brenner
President & Founder
Dean Brenner is a recognized expert and teacher of persuasive communication skills. Dean founded The Latimer Group in 2002 and has built it into a powerful company that teaches persuasive communication skills to a global client list of Fortune 500 clients. Dean brings every element of his background – a business coach, an Olympic-caliber athlete, a team leader, an entrepreneur and business owner, a husband and a father – into every client interaction. Dean has coached c-suite executives, business leaders, sales teams, technical experts and professionals across a wide range of industries and from across the globe. He is also a popular and dynamic keynote speaker and a twice-published author.
- President & Founder, The Latimer Group (2002 to present)
- Chairman & Team Leader, US Olympic Sailing Team (2004-12)
- Executive Coach, The Clarion Group (2001-02)
- Financial Advisor, UBS Financial Services (1995-2000)
- Sharing the Sandbox: Building and Leading World-Class Teams in the 21st Century, 2012
- Move the World: Persuade Your Audience, Change Minds and Achieve Your Goals, 2007
- MBA Finance, Olin School of Business at Babson College
- MA English Literature, University of Warwick, Coventry, England
- BA English Literature and Government, Georgetown University
Hannah A. Morris
Director of Assessment & Advancement
Hannah has had a lifelong focus on facilitating connection and understanding through communication. Drawing on her background in education, Hannah oversees our evaluation process to ensure that we provide our clients with actionable feedback to help them elevate their skills, both in the short and long term. She also leads the content and facilitation for our Powerful Presence and Powerful Leadership Presence workshops.
Hannah’s coaching style focuses on helping individuals recognize and build upon their existing areas of strength and identify and address opportunities for growth. She focuses on the mindset and behaviors that are critical to achieving effective communication and leadership presence, from everyday interactions to “spotlight” moments. Her goal is to help people see each opportunity to contribute and interact as an opportunity to embrace.
- Director of Assessment & Advancement, The Latimer Group
- Teacher, Section Head, Coach, Advisor, Interviewer, Choate Rosemary Hall
- Teacher, Coach, Advisor, The Elisabeth Morrow School
- Teacher, Coach, Advisor, The Holderness School
- MA French, Middlebury College
- BA Classical Studies, Dartmouth College
Dan J. Cooney
Director of Business Development
Dan brings 30 years of marketing, sales, and communications expertise to his role at The Latimer Group from the insurance, financial, energy, internet, and not-for-profit sectors. Dan’s broad experience enables him to quickly attune to a client’s industry language, metrics, and pressure points. He develops the trust and rapport necessary to support client objectives as they are developed, explored and achieved. Dan highlights the importance of communicating in a way that is easy to consume and that persuasion is more about “pull than push.” In the end, business value is built when coworkers are synchronously motivated and aligned. His coaching identifies and accentuates natural strengths while illuminating areas that hold leverage for substantial gains in skills.
- Senior Facilitator and Director of Development, The Latimer Group
- Chief Marketing Officer, US Sailing
- Director of Advancement, Sea Education Association
- Senior Account Executive, Yahoo!
- Risk Financing Analyst, Liberty Mutual
- Executive Director, State of Oklahoma Washington, D.C. Office
- Director of Finance, Gubernatorial and U.S. Senate Campaigns
- Past director of Community Nurse Hospice Fairhaven, Community Boating New Bedford, Sail America and past Commodore of the Beverly Yacht Club
- MBA, UNC Kenan Flagler Business School at Chapel Hill
- BA, Bowdoin College